Accepted SwagMonsterJ Staff Application

SwagMonsterJ

User
Dec 8, 2021
Username: SwagMonsterJ

◈ Your In-Game Name: Not Swag

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060592264/

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older): 23

Your Discord (with tag): SwayP#4507

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? No

Have you ever been warned on AtomicRP? Yes

Please detail all of your warns and bans. The most recent ban that I had would be a racism/hate speech warning. What I did was say the R word. This was an accident and being 23, it's a word that I had to learn to remove from my vocabulary at a late age. This server warning me was actually a huge reason that I stopped using the word all together, before I would use the word when talking to my friends when they were being morons or when I thought something was dumb like a homework assignment for example. I would never use the word to describe somebody with a disability. I have never been a malicious person and would never use the word like that to describe anybody in actuality. The situation where it arose was me and another guy were in a turf war as the crips and bloods and we were talking a bunch of crap to each other and I happened to say it after I killed him but not in a way that I meant anything by. After I said it I instantly realized I made a mistake because he goes im reporting you, I don't think what I did was right, I just completely forgot that it was a rules because for the longest time it wasnt something people even thought about, and again i'm not advocating for it i'm just saying that I forgot in the moment. Since then I have not done anything like that and would never again.

Another situation I had was MRDM. It was my second most recent and anything before that I think has completely gone away because of the time they were done. The situation goes that for that day I was playing around 8 hours or so, starting somewhere around mid afternoon. I had some issues with these guys and their group harassing me and my friends, I had been jailed a few times on small warnings with them just us messing around with each other. But later in the night around 3-4 am they RDM’d me and I wasn't happy with the way things turned out. I had a sit with the admin about them killing me and he said, “Honestly it's super late and I've been doing this all day”, and he disconnected. I don't know if the sit would have gone in my direction so, being that he was the last admin on, I took my chance for some revenge, which I now know was wrong and definitely have learned my lesson. I decided to go kill the dudes that were messing with me and of course I had to hit that 3 man minimum to consider it MRDM and not regular RDM. They ended up getting killed and little did I know, they were friends with an admin so next thing I know I'm in a sit and the admin says, “I'm sorry but you know I have to” and the sucky thing is, I did know he had to. It's what I would have done and it's what I will do, rules are rules and that is something that I now not only know, but will enforce on every player in a kind way.

How much playtime do you have on the server? 127 Hours

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? Yes

Please detail your tenure at these other servers, include the following...
> Time on the Staff Team
> Rank (If applicable)
> Contacts from Community (If you have any)
I do not necessarily have any past experience with the UI of giving out tickets. I do however have experience in running a server in multiple different games. I have a server on GMod called TheCrownServers and I also have a server on FiveM with the same name. My server does not get much traffic but I do understand how a server works and functions. I did all the coding myself and have a huge amount of experience and respect for running servers because I know how difficult it is to not only run one but to have the most popular server on the game (atomic) is a whole different level of accomplishment.

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? Central Standard Time. (TX)

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? Afternoon to night. Usually I am on super late, till around 4 am.

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? The reason that I want to join the staff team is that I simply LOVE this game. I have a huge passion for the game and the rules behind it. I feel that I would be a good admin because of my time played in the game and passion I have for making sure every player has a good time. I have 799 hours in DarkRP from the past 10 years. Since the I was around 12 years old I have been playing this game, I have a huge respect for people not getting rolled on by players with no care for the rules. I think that when it came to servers to submit an application for Atomic RP was a no brainer. I have watched Dark RP slowly become something that it didn't used to be, and Atomic RP is one of if not the only server who still gives that nostalgic RP feel from when I was a kid. So to me it only makes since that I put in an application on the most nostalgic and best staffed server.

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? I believe that I should be accepted because of my hours, my knowledge, and my passion for an even playing field. The purpose of the rules of Gmod are to give every player an even playing field. I know that because of my hours on DarkRP that I would be an awesome admin. I know the rules down to the tee, I'm basically a walking Gmod rule book, and I know that my come off as a little corny I just don't know how else to put it. I also play at a time that not many admins do, based on my experience, a lot of admins get tired of handling tickets all day and around 3-4 am they kind of call it on the night. I think that I would fit perfectly because I am on at that time, and fully awake. I am also a senior in college so time is really all I have, and I spend most of it on Gmod.

Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you. I am a player of Gmod that wants to turn my passion of playing into a spot on staff. I think that with my hours of experience both in the server and in the game that I can provide something beneficial to the community. I would hope that anybody reading my application will read my responses and make a choice based on my application and not prejudices that I have created while playing the game. I honestly do believe that I would be an awesome addition to the server as staff and if given the opportunity to prove myself, I think everybody will be pleasantly surprised.

+1
This application not only show’s how you matured, it show’s out standing effort, especially in the warn section, although the hate speech and mrdm are serious warns, you took the time to explain them very well and I feel you are sincere in your apologies and came back better than ever. You went to great depth with the 2 most important questions. Hopefully you have learned the lesson you needed to learn to bounce back and do better, I would like to see an interview from you. Good luck :)

+1
I'm a sucker for a great application. You have shown that you are very mature, obviously dedicated to the team, and I have seen you on plenty of times.
I really liked the part when you said "I would hope that anybody reading my application will read my responses and make a choice based on my application and not prejudices that I have created while playing the game". This not only shows integrity, but that you can own up to the wrongs you have done.
Once again, I am very impressed. Best of luck on your interview if given the opportunity. :)

+1

Although i haven't seen this player much his application kept me reading every detail and im quite pleased with it, Past experience is a good sign, Though he has Class 4 and 5 warns is application shows maturity and i think he deserves and Interview!

+1 I've never seen you in game, but you put forth the effort to show you want to be a part of the staff team

Application Accepted
Reach out to BigHead#0094 on Discord within 3 days to schedule your training
Congratulations on making it past the interview, feel free to reach out to Wilkers with any questions/concerns.

For more information on what to do in the meantime, check out this post.
https://forums.atomicnetworks.co/threads/application-accepted-whats-next.6197

You also now have access to the Staff Knowledge Base, read up on this information prior to your training to have a successful first day.​