A Few Small Suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanchaí

User
Feb 16, 2022
Hello everybody, I just had a few small suggestions that might help the server :)

First of all I wanted to talk about Gun Prices:
I enjoy being a gun dealer, the gun shelf is super helpful. However I think it would be nice if buying guns in bulk (a shipment) gave a discount to the dealer on the individual gun. Right now, the shipment price is just the weapon price x10, but if we decrease the shipment price 5-10% we can help gun dealers who are new widen their profit margins and incentivize them to save up for shipments.

Second of all I wanted to talk about Salary:
Right now the salaries for the jobs are pretty laughable, which makes sense for some jobs but not for most. A thief or a hobo should obviously have a very small salary, but the civil servants should be making at least $1,000 per paycheck to incentivize people to play the role. It would also be nice to give the mayor a salary of $2,500 or higher, so that we always have at least one person as mayor making laws and adding to the RP.
The way I see it, most of the money-making opportunities are on the illegal side, excepting gun dealers and food vendors. Therefore there are rarely enough people playing civil protection/mayor. The more interaction we have between CP and the criminals, the better the RP gets, and so by incentivizing players to become government jobs we are adding to the RP. It also might be cool to add in additional interactions for the mayor such as taxes.

If you read this, thank you and I hope to see you on the DarkRP server!

Reactions: Jinx Evil
+1 Nicely worded sean! I play gun dealer a lot and it is quite the struggle to make a profit without jacking prices and losing customers. I feel like this would be a helpful change for people who want to do thinks legally.

Reactions: Seanchaí
+1 I agree with both points. The second point especially. I feel like it is exceedingly rare for the bank to be raid-able because there is never enough cps, and that is a pretty fun event. Increasing the salary of government would be not only effective, but extremely easy solution. I am not sure how easy it would be to implement, but making it to where a sizable amount of money is given anytime a cp destroys an illegal entity would greatly incentivize police raiding. It is almost common now for people to have see-through bases with illegal entities inside and the police do nothing because it is not worth their time. Police raids are exciting for rp and add another level to building a base as the battering ram is pretty powerful. Finally, it would be cool if the mayor spawned with a minute of invincibility. RDMing the mayor right after he spawns is pretty common as of now, so giving him an opportunity to reach the office and set up would be helpful.

Reactions: Seanchaí
I like the idea but making shipments slightly cheaper may result in some problems but overall I think its okay.

Just wanted to bump, I would love to see government salaries increased and its such an easy fix. Right now there is basically no incentive to be a mayor or PD so we just have lawlessness all over.

+1 I agree
although I believe it should be a 5% discount
+1 On Paychecks
Id triple all current paychecks for Gov/Civ servants

+1 I agree
although I believe it should be a 5% discount
+1 On Paychecks
Id triple all current paychecks for Gov/Civ servants
I don't know if triple would be enough to be honest. highest PD pay is $150, which comes out to $3,000 an hour (every 5 minutes). That is laughable when printing jobs make $1mil+ an hour and even jobs like meth and weed will get you hundreds of thousands an hour.

If we triple the salary, we get $450, or $9,000 an hour. Still awful. To make these jobs desirable we should aim for an hourly payout of at least $50,000, which is still much lower than all other jobs that can make money. That means increasing the salary to a minimum of $2,500 across the board for all PD. I do not think this is drastic by any means considering how well paid other jobs are.

The mayor should be an exception, since the job is lost on death. Right now it is rare to find competent players becoming mayor, and it creates a lot of RP issues when you don't have a good mayor. We should aim for an hourly salary of at least $100,000 (although I would argue for much higher), or a paycheck of $5,000.

I understand it looks like a lot of money, but in a server where most of the players have millions it really isn't much of a change to the economy. If anything it just enables new players to get off their feet and creates a lot more potential for government-related RP.

I also think that shelf prices should increase per shelf. Example would be Shelf 1st cost 5k 2nd cost 10k and 3rd cost 15k.
This would help prevent shelf clutter in the town. I also think we should add more shelves for a much higher cost but we could elaborate more on that.

I like the first part but I don't think salaries should be something that should be excessively increased to four figures. It seems something easily abusable at certain times where people aren't on and you can AFK or (+left in console) to gain a shit ton of free salaries. I just think people should be working for their wealth.

I also do think that shelves should be decreased just a *little bit*. Like 4k per shelf as opposed to 5k.

+1 I disagree with the first part, but I do agree gun dealer in himself needs a buff (Especially after losing his ability to print)
The second part is well spoken, and in my opinion, is a necessity

Hello everybody, I just had a few small suggestions that might help the server :)

First of all I wanted to talk about Gun Prices:
I enjoy being a gun dealer, the gun shelf is super helpful. However I think it would be nice if buying guns in bulk (a shipment) gave a discount to the dealer on the individual gun. Right now, the shipment price is just the weapon price x10, but if we decrease the shipment price 5-10% we can help gun dealers who are new widen their profit margins and incentivize them to save up for shipments.

Second of all I wanted to talk about Salary:
Right now the salaries for the jobs are pretty laughable, which makes sense for some jobs but not for most. A thief or a hobo should obviously have a very small salary, but the civil servants should be making at least $1,000 per paycheck to incentivize people to play the role. It would also be nice to give the mayor a salary of $2,500 or higher, so that we always have at least one person as mayor making laws and adding to the RP.
The way I see it, most of the money-making opportunities are on the illegal side, excepting gun dealers and food vendors. Therefore there are rarely enough people playing civil protection/mayor. The more interaction we have between CP and the criminals, the better the RP gets, and so by incentivizing players to become government jobs we are adding to the RP. It also might be cool to add in additional interactions for the mayor such as taxes.

If you read this, thank you and I hope to see you on the DarkRP server!
I agree with that a gun dealer NEEDS a buff! Salary is already laughable, but it isn't supposed to be used to make a lot of money lol. However yea the Mayor needs a money buff

Status
Not open for further replies.