Steam Name:
Luke Hemia

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:54142316

Your age (we only accept staff 15 and older):
21 years old

Your discord name/tag:
Luke Hemia #9353

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP?
Yes, it is.

Have you ever been warned/kicked/banned on any Atomic Servers? If yes, what for?

I’ve never been warned, kicked, or banned. I will admit that pretty early in my time on this server I broke NLR two or three times, and I’ve had a couple unintentional RDMs (not misclicks or crossfires, genuine RDMs that I didn’t know were RDMs).

How much playtime do you have on the server? (3 days minimum)
3 days 2 hours

Have you read up on our rules fully?
I have 3 times or so and I read them again whenever the situation calls for it. I’ll read them again after I post this application.

Have you read up on the AtomicRP Staff Handbook?
Yes, I have, and will continue to re-read it.

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis?
I do, when I first joined I was kind of shy about using my microphone but I’ve grown used to it. You can find me talking to people in game chat more often than at first, and even spending some time in the server discord calls.

Why do you want to be a part of the staff team?

I find myself on at weird times of the day when no admins or mods are on, and people need help or they’re being RDMed/RDAed to the point where the game is no longer enjoyable. I’ve experienced that in some other gmod servers in the past (particularly zombie survivals) and it pushed me away from those servers.

I really enjoy the Atomic Network community and aside from a few odd ones out, have gotten along with pretty much everyone and have had a good time joking with the admin/mod team. I don’t want a one-off bad experience to drive someone away from this server if it’s somewhere that they have fun, cause I’ve enjoyed my time here a lot.

Why should you be accepted onto the staff team?

I could end this with “I’ve worked in retail” but that’s a little cheesy, and not at all what you’re looking for. I’m used to having to de-escalate situations where two parties are upset at one another and finding a common line where they can understand the other.

I don’t hold grudges, so even if a user is mean to me one day, I’ll be able to greet him the next and go on about my business. I’m impartial with judgment (from past admin experience) and don’t throw around the ban hammer to those that don’t deserve it, or offer impunity to my friends.

I’m willing to learn from my mistakes and be scolded or re-educated if I do something wrong. I won’t be pissy about it or get mad. I’ve never adminned on a gmod server before but I have about 2 years of experience in leadership roles on Minecraft ranging from moderator to operator (just below head admin). The concept isn’t new to me, just a new execution.

When I started my first weed grow, Wilkers teleported into the building and gave me a tutorial on how to grow. Ever since I’ve learned more jobs I’ve actively tried to help people on the server to do theirs properly. Thanks for helping me, Wilkers, it gave me a good idea of the kind of community community that Atomic wants.

Finally, I’m pretty much just on this server all the time. If I’m not on here, I’m either not at home or asleep. I really don’t have anything better to do than help keep Atomic running smoothly. If you think my name being a joke about leukemia is too offensive for a mod, I’m more than willing to change it. Just let me know.

+1 I haven't had to deal with any sits involving you or received any complaints about you, which is a good start. You display true dedication which is something we need. As you mentioned you haven't administrated on Garry's Mod before but I understand that your previous experience involving other games puts you ahead, I believe with training you would exceed our expectations but only time will tell. I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: Luke Hemia
Good player, dedicated. Always willing to learn and follows the rules perfectly! Had a few sits with you yesterday and you handled yourself very well! I wish you the best of luck amigo!

+1

+1 Also a very chill guy that plays a lot on our server. always tells the truth in sits and tries to never break any rules. definitely would be cool to see him on the team. GL man!!! <3

+1, From my correspondence with this applicant I believe he has the ability to make smart choices under pressure. I personally believe Luke would be a strong addition to the staff team based off his maturity and his ability to handle tough people.