macro bans

healthyamericanguy

User
Dec 8, 2021
Change getting permabanned for using a macro to go afk from a Unappealable Perma-Ban to a Class-4 or 5.

Reason 1. New players wouldnt know that using a very basic clicker too that is built into some peoples mouses can get them banned forever without appeal.

Reason 2. It is overall just very harsh to Pban someone for going afk...
Oh no! They went AFK with something that left clicks every 15 minutes! Like seriously making the anti-afk able to avoid this problem is so easy too.

tl;dr it is very harsh to pban just for left clicker machine

A7. The use of Third Party Software (Cheat Clients, Software to bypass AFK check etc.) is strictly prohibited.

-1 When a player joins the server they get a screen showing them the rules and guidelines, Some People decide to close those and not read them at all so when a player gets banned for certain thing like Abusing a Exploit, Cheating, Macro etc., they blame us for them not knowing the rules.
1649801999524.png

I am aware what the rules are you don't have to tell me. I know full well that it has that message and I also know full well that 9/10 players dont read it. I am still saying that it is harsh to permaban forever just for an anti-afk.. The other uses of TPS are fine to keep as Pban though. There is ultimately no harm to other players experience or server performace when using an anti-afk.

We have it strictly prohibited. You are able to avoid being kicked for afk by simply clicking the checker when it asks. We don't allow macros to bypass this because players could potentially be hiding somewhere afk completely on a job and a ticket might never pop up for it preventing that job slot from freeing or the server pop might stay full completely. I'm sure theres more reasons but ultimately we wish to discourage heavy afking and have the playerbase actually playing the game.

If there is never a ticket made over the user AFK then it clearly isnt ruining player experience. There is also very rarely over 100 people using afk check all at the same time.

Also I am not saying to make it allowed I am saying to lower it to class 4 or 5. It would still be a permanent mark on your record but it wouldn't be the end all be all of your gaming.

Change getting permabanned for using a macro to go afk from a Unappealable Perma-Ban to a Class-4 or 5.

Reason 1. New players wouldnt know that using a very basic clicker too that is built into some peoples mouses can get them banned forever without appeal.

Reason 2. It is overall just very harsh to Pban someone for going afk...
Oh no! They went AFK with something that left clicks every 15 minutes! Like seriously making the anti-afk able to avoid this problem is so easy too.

tl;dr it is very harsh to pban just for left clicker machine
+1 it’s a harsh rule especially for people who wouldn’t know. The post only request for the lowering of the punishment not the deletion of it. From a perm ban to a long but temporary ban is a change that still provides a punishment to users who wish to abuse the use of macros , but doesn’t immediately shut down people who were simply unaware of this rule. I doubt that many people would afk to the point which will consume much tps let alone come back after the hypothetical Class V ban to do the same thing again.

+1 it’s a harsh rule especially for people who wouldn’t know. The post only request for the lowering of the punishment not the deletion of it. From a perm ban to a long but temporary ban is a change that still provides a punishment to users who wish to abuse the use of macros , but doesn’t immediately shut down people who were simply unaware of this rule. I doubt that many people would afk to the point which will consume much tps let alone come back after the hypothetical Class V ban to do the same thing again.
Don’t understand how a person wouldn’t know because when they first join it shows them the rules

I see where you are coming from in this specific situation. How can we really tell the difference between someone using tps and doing +left in the console on the fly?

Because using +left you would eventually get kicked, while using a macro the person would never get kicked when server is past 120 people

Reactions: Kawaii Ricotta
Note: When playing on AtomicRP, you are expected to understand the rules and guidelines, by closing this page and playing on the server, our staff are assuming that you have read our rules and guidelines. If you don't want to read our rules, that's okay, but we highly encourage it to keep you out of the sit room and playing our server as much as possible.

-1 you should read all the rules before playing on atomic so things like this will be prevented.

Reactions: Kawaii Ricotta
9/10 players dont read the rules

why dont we just make MDRM a perma-ban so nobody does it! do you know how goofy you sound rn Dark