Raiding rules change

Sep 19, 2021
Rule: ERR3. Raids last 10 minutes and begin at the first sign of combat, advert, or key crack/lockpick.

Part of this rule, specifically the "first sight of combat" part, can easily be abused into borderline RDM. Anyone can camp another player's door - either from a distance or by stalking them back - until the moment they unlock the door or keypad to their base and blow them to smithereens, leaving the other player believing they were RMD'd and all of their stuff is going to be raided. Why I think this is an issue is because killing someone the moment they get back to base doesn't actually initiate a raid. Especially since solo raiders don't have to advert. Simply removing "first sight of combat" as a raid initiator would require raiders to do something like an advert or key crack/lockpick first, in order to properly initiate a raid, give reason to combat, make the player being raided aware, as well as making raiding like that much less RDM'ish. If not that, an additional rule is being added; prohibiting initiating a raid in that fashion would be a great solution in my opinion.

I personally think all raids should require an advert then 3 seconds later the raid can start.

+1

I personally think all raids should require an advert then 3 seconds later the raid can start.

+1
I dunno, I like the thrill of hearing someone slowly break into your base and running to the entrance to protect your precious monies. I think this server has too many hand-holding rules as it is.

-1 Current raiding system is fine, you just need to be on your toes if you are directly outside of your base

Suggestion Denied
This is a rule that we have had since the inception of Atomic, and it's not one that we are planning on changing anytime soon. We want to keep people on edge as much as possible when they are basing with printers.​