Raise Racism/discriminatory Speech to Class V offense

Cuteboi

User
Jun 12, 2021

Raise Racism/discriminatory Speech to Class V offense​

-People who make racist/discriminatory comments are almost always the exact same people who commit other Class V offense like MRDM and LTAP.

-Increasing the punishment for this would allow 1 week bans, meaning the server will be more clear of problematic players who cause MRDM, NLR, and LTAP.

-Gives players a longer cooldown time, making them less likely to commit these offenses than they would after receiving the normal one day ban for racism out of revenge.

-Racism is gross and smelly anyways.

Last edited:
+/- The servers #1 on DarkRP hundreds of different players join by the week. I don't know if it's truly possible to avoid problematic players unfortunately. Also, the ones who purposely MRDM are 9x out of 10 are trolls and don't care about the consequences. I do agree with your statement though just not sure if that's a super effective method.

+/- The servers #1 on DarkRP hundreds of different players join by the week. I don't know if it's truly possible to avoid problematic players unfortunately. Also, the ones who purposely MRDM are 9x out of 10 are trolls and don't care about the consequences. I do agree with your statement though just not sure if that's a super effective method.
It wont stop problematic player from joining, but will give mods more discretion when banning them, which means keeping them from doing more problematic things in the future. 90% of the players I see doing or saying racist shit usually commit other offenses like MRDM or NLR, and have blatant disregard for other rules. Besides, fuck racists anyways.

Reactions: Kruz

Raise Racism/discriminatory Speech to Class V offense​

-People who make racist/discriminatory comments are almost always the exact same people who commit other Class V offense like MRDM and LTAP.

-Increasing the punishment for this would allow 1 week bans, meaning the server will be more clear of problematic players who cause MRDM, NLR, and LTAP.

-Gives players a longer cooldown time, making them less likely to commit these offenses than they would after receiving the normal one day ban for racism out of revenge.

-Racism is gross and smelly anyways.
Honestly this should be a given on DarkRP. IDK why DarkRP is so open to racism and bigotry.

There's a reason why both Class IV and V rules are unremovable yet distinct and the reason is that one, while obscene, doesn't actively prohibit gameplay. Someone calling another player any range of racial epithets is not the same as outright denying that player the ability the play the game / ruining their RP experience by MRDMing, propblocking them or any other range of Class V offenses.
Likewise, whether or not players who actively say racial slurs participate in MRDM, NLR (which isnt a Class V offense) or LTAP doesn't mean we can pile all of them into the category. That would downgrade the severity of a Class V offense and outright remove the existence of a Class IV offense which basically encompasses rules against harassment in the first place.

tl;dr - Sure, racism & hate speech can make someones time on AtomicRP unenjoyable but that's the reason why we have it so it's a permanent stain on someones record here along with the 1 day ban to decide whether they want to even come back or not and play nice with everyone else. Noob & Wilkers did a pretty good job outlining the rules when they did so that they have purposeful distinctions.

Honestly this should be a given on DarkRP. IDK why DarkRP is so open to racism and bigotry.
everything with a chat section is open to racism and bigotry. you're going to have angst and edginess on here and people who want to troll and you're not gonna be able to get rid of it. rules against racism & obscene language are a given on most darkrp servers however, which is why we have them in place here.