May 30, 2023
Username: SmokeyDragon

◈ Your In-Game Name: SmokeyDragon

Link to your Public Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SmokeyDragon

Your Age: 26

Your Discord Tag: SmokeyDragon#2374

Is your discord name the same as your In-Game Name on AtomicRP? Yes

Have you ever been warned or banned on any Atomic Networks servers? No

How much playtime do you have on the server? 11 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes, 40 seconds

Have you read up on our rules fully? Yes

Have you read up on the (DRP) Staff Information section of the forums? Yes

Do you have a microphone and use it on a consistent basis? Yes

Do you have any prior experience staffing on other Garry's Mod servers within the past 4 years? No

Have you previously staffed on AtomicRP? No

What is your time zone? MT

What time of the day (for you) are you usually on? 10:00AM - 1:00AM

Why do you want to be a part of the AtomicRP Staff Team? In my life, a significant portion has been dedicated to various moderation roles, although it has been less frequent in recent years. The process of nurturing communities, uplifting others, and creating something meaningful has always been a genuine source of joy for me. Observing the efforts of the admins in recruiting new staff members inspires a sense of hope within me, as it indicates a team that is actively striving rather than simply remaining idle. The kindness demonstrated by this community has been remarkable, and I would be thrilled to contribute my efforts as a part of it

Why should you be accepted onto the AtomicRP Staff Team? TL;DR: "I have extensive experience and it was my joy previously."

Based on my extensive background in moderation, I am confident that I would bring significant value to the management team. With almost 13 years of experience, I can provide a brief overview of my relevant history for better context.

2010-2013 (ages 13-16): BedCraft
I established and managed a Minecraft community called BedCraft. What began as a series of forum posts about Minecraft rapidly evolved into the most popular Modded Tekkit Minecraft server, attracting an impressive user base of over 85,000 unique individuals. As the owner, I also oversaw a dedicated team of approximately 40 moderators. Eventually, I made the decision to sell off the community which lived on until about 3 years ago.

2014-2015(ages 17-18): ImagineGaming RP
I served as a Super-Admin for ImagineGaming RP. I remember the server to be very popular, however specific statistics are no longer accessible. I was the head of staff consisting of 28 staff members, my responsibilities encompassed resolving staff disputes and implementing back-end FTP changes. These changes primarily involved incorporating new content into the game or adjusting the balance of previous add-ons to maintain a dynamic gameplay experience. Unfortunately, despite its initial success, the server eventually encountered significant challenges and descended into a state of chaos.

2016-2017 (age 19-20) AsylumCentral/AsylumStranded/AsylumRP
I was an Admin primarily focused on moderation duties, my goal was to enhance the DarkRP experience. However, I encountered challenges as the server owner, Xeviax, appeared more interested in profiting from the server rather than improving the gameplay. It was during this period that I discovered Stranded, a game mode that attracted my interest. Although the Stranded server within Asylum was largely inactive, I took it upon myself to revitalize it. As the sole admin for Stranded, I nurtured a small community of approximately 350 users, which I found quite impressive since Stranded was so unknown. In collaboration with another developer, I undertook the task of recoding the entire game mode to create a more engaging and enjoyable experience for the players.

2018 (age 21) TrinityReborn DarkRP
I had the opportunity to be one of the three owners of this community. TrinityReborn was formed by assembling the head staff from my previous servers, and it proved to be an exciting adventure that allowed me to immerse myself further in lua coding. Together, we developed our own unique DarkRP game mode, which attracted a thriving community of approximately 10,000 semi-active users—an impressive number at the time. In my role, I took a primarily offline approach to the server, assuming the responsibilities of sole developer and overseeing tasks such as managing the website and implementing a monthly content cycle. Each month, I would introduce custom content to enhance the players' experience. However, the workload eventually took its toll, leading to burnout. After a year, I made the decision to step away from TrinityReborn to focus on enjoying the game as a player rather than continuously developing it. Nevertheless, the server continued to thrive for several years even after my departure.

Following my involvement with TrinityReborn, I pursued various paid positions related to moderation and similar roles, leveraging my previous experience. For instance, I had the opportunity to serve as a Stream Team Manager for a Twitch organization. These experiences have not only been enjoyable but also fruitful. As a result, I believe that returning to a staff position will be an enjoyable experience.

Optional: Include any other information about yourself that you'd like the community and the management team to know about you. I currently work in IT, so I work from home and am often on the server as I am working on the side.
I also have significantly more experience in-between some of these dates but I figured 600~ words was long enough.
I can bring receipts of my staffing claims if required, it will take some time digging up a decade worth of data however.

I could continue but I don't think I want to waste anyone else's day reading more words as if it was a novel.

+1 Never had a bad interaction with this person, super up to date with all rules, all around just a good person.