Wrong People Being Targeted

Oatmeal On Toast

User
Aug 24, 2022
Hello,

First and foremost, I am Oatmeal On Toast. I have have accumulated a little bit over 2 days time on this server. I have made me presence known in both the player base, and staff base. However, I have been pulled into probably more staff sits than a lot of the players on here, when I shouldn't be. I don't want to say I've been targeted here, but it's beginning to look that way. It's almost as if this server should fully remove guns, because self defense doesn't seem to be an option on here without getting in trouble for it. You know, I do like this server, and I like some of the staff, and way it's setup. This post isn't meant to be fully negative. However, The fact that I see people constantly getting in trouble for the wrong reasons, including me, It does not seem like this server is fairly setup. Players that have bought ranks, or have more "clout" within this server seem to be favored more heavily, then people like me. My friends and I just try to be here, and have fun playing on here. Why is it that you get in trouble constantly for trying to enjoy a play experience on a server?

Yesterday, I shot and killed someone who was shooting towards my direction, and who do you think got in trouble? Me. I'm getting to the point of wondering why I should put in countless hours somewhere where I receive no respect, and get told "You can't put the blame on others for your own actions" by staff members when I'm simply defending myself. Why am I making this public on the forums, and not directly messaging higher up staff? Simply because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. There are some really great staff members on here, but there are some really bad ones too. Not naming names.

I have seen staff members allow players to get away with actions right in front of their faces, and do absolutely nothing about it. Then those same staff members at least attempt to put me into a troublesome situation just to get ME punished. I haven't played Gary's Mod in I want to say about 3-4 years, and this was the first server I came back to, hoping to make it a home for my friends and I. I constantly have to tell my friends to second guess actions that may put them into a bad situation simply because the wrong people get in trouble, when they shouldn't be.

I am the type of person who won't raid someone, simply because I know they don't have much money and need to get started. I am not mean hearted, so having constant complaints from me to the staff are simply because I am fed up with the actions of staff that ignore the simple player base, and favor the ones that spend money, or cause harm to other players. I don't run the streets mowing down players with guns, I only shoot the ones that need to be shot.

Look, all I'm saying is that the staff need to be sat down and really be talked to, some need removed, and the fact that staff can be 15 and apply is a major issue, due to their lack of maturity. I'm not saying all 15 year old's are immature, but a lot of them lack the maturity needed to assess different actions and act accordingly. This IS a good server, and you shouldn't let your reputation be tarnished by staff members who don't know what they're doing, or have a power complex.

I speak for not myself, but a large amount of people, I don't expect sympathy, but I do expect actions to be made to fix the situation going on.

Thank you.

if someone is shooting in your direction it doesn't give you the permission to kill them btw

is it just me or do you guys wake up with morning wood and get a little exicted when you see the 1st female insight mine was my mother like ik its wrong but you know a bundas a bunda so me and my homie jeff go and get playboys to take it off my mind but all i see is the joints that haunt me for not using them so i end up smokin a pack of fags and enjoying my life but at the end of the day all i think about is what if i like d*ck you know your not gay till you try it like skirts are comfortable and stuff but why would i not wear it so i go with my femboy socks and enjoy my night you know how

btw this is all i gona say and also i agree with the statement

Tamales are so fucking good the rojo y queso no mames mi abuela makes the best ones

Hi Oatmeal, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to make your issues known, and I just want to take a moment to address some of these concerns that you have brought up in this post.

Regarding Player Targeting
Atomic was created as a place for players to connect in a safe and positive environment. If you ever fall into a situation that makes you feel as if you are being targeted, I respectfully ask that you bring this concern up to a staff member in game. We have a punishment for this behavior (witch-hunting) that tends to help with resolutions to conflicts in this area.

And if you can't get help from staff in-game, please never hesitate to contact either me or another SA through discord either via. the ticket system in the #gethelp channel, or through my and my SAs DMs personally.

How We Address Rulebreakers
"I have seen staff members allow players to get away with actions right in front of their faces, and do absolutely nothing about it."

Putting this quote into more perspective (because it's somewhat difficult for a normal player to be able to discern because we don't have it anywhere publicly), all punishments for rules broken on AtomicRP are done on a ticket creation basis. We do not punish players without the request of other players via. the ticket system in-game or via. Discord/Forum player reports. This is why you may have seen something of this sort. If there were reports made on the behavior, I would recommend taking this directly to a staff report or our Super Admins directly in the future.

We Do Not Show Favoritism Towards Donators
Since the inception of this community, AtomicRP as a server has been run on one goal. Provide the most social, balanced, and well performing high population experience on DarkRP.
Nowhere in any of our documentation for staff members or players do we even imply that donators should get even a marginal benefit of the doubt in a sit.
In fact, it's an item that we emphasize through our training process: that every staff member is aware of and understands that rank and playtime is not indicative of whether or not they are right in the sit.

Staffing Age
On the staff team - we seldom accept staff that are 15 - and when we do the number of eyes put on that staff member are substantially more than the average trainee.
I also understand that not all of our new staff members are perfect (our trial mods are expected to make mistakes and that's okay)
but everyone that is a part of this team has been vetted to the point that we (at the bare minimum) know that they are committed to our community and are committed to your well-being as a player, even if they make mistakes in doing so during their initial trial period.

If you or anyone else reading this thread ever has any issues with new trainees, feel free to contact me directly on Discord with feedback so we can correct their behavior :)

Thank you so much for making these concerns known, and feel free to reach out to me on Discord if you need any further clarification for why we do things the way we do or how we ensure that Atomic is the best place to be on DarkRP ❤️