Alow Checkpoints and Toll Booths - New Gov rules.

Shav

old Admin New Mod
User
Jun 18, 2021
What is your idea?
Add into the "Government Rules (GO)" allowing them to set up a checkpoint and/or Toll booths.

How will your idea improve AtomicRP?
I feel like this could give the cops and government more RP opportunities outside of stopping crime they see.

How would you execute this idea?

Toll Booth.
must be part of the Government to set up.
Must have a mayor allowing it in the posted laws.
must be made in in a tunnel. (Not spawn tunnel)
No more than 1 Toll booth allowed per district entrance.
not allowed to fully block the tunnel must be able to run past without paying.
only 1 or 2 toll booths allowed to be set up at a time in the server.
$1000 max requirement to pass. $5000 lifetime pass (Till they disconnect or remove the booth) - Post prices with a text sign
Not allowed to KOS or kill anyone for not paying the toll.
only arrest people who try to run past without paying. - must still be in the tunnel to get arrested.

Check Point.
must be part of the Government to set up.
Must have a mayor allowing it in the posted laws.
must be made in in a tunnel. (Not spawn tunnel)
Must have a Sign telling people its a Weapon check point.
not allowed to fully block the tunnel, must be able to run past without being checked.
only 1 or 2 Check points allowed to be set up at a time in the server.
Illegal guns will result in an arrest never killing unless shot at first.
Not allowed to KOS or kill anyone for not getting checked only arrest them.
Only arrest people who try to run past without getting checked. - must still be in the tunnel to get arrested.

+1 We use to allow check points unofficially at one point. I think it would give people more of a reason to play Law enforcement and not just RDM or find other ways to minge with the job.

+1 Great Suggestion, I think this would make rp as a cop more fun.

I agree we should do this. Without it being in the rules i get tmods all over me for setting up my checkpoint, even though i try to comply with all the rules.

+1 sounds good to me to be able to have the government rolls more action.

1+ Controlling the flow of traffic (users) indirectly influences which bases get raided because if they have illegal guns and want to keep them they will have to go around, therefore entering parts of the map not commonly raided, therefore adding opportunities to raiders.

Also i believe they should be able to contain areas to catch wanted users, better civil protection raids on bases without diminished counter raid risk by controlling the entrances to a base rich area. This is meant to diversify base placement by breaking up bases when a district gets full of them.

Another function is to protect the PD itself slowing down raids and the frequency, and therefore increasing the time in which the goverment can try and govern.

Suggestion Suggested
Great rule suggestion, let's see how people will use this new RP opportunity!​