Limit fading doors for HUGE BASES/10 MANS

ุNarrowGlint

User
Aug 2, 2021
Alrighty, I think we can all agree that base rules much favors the baser over the raider.
Personally, I find it crazy that you can have a 10 man in a base with printers, have 4 fading doors, top shooting doors, and both side shooting doors.
DarkRP is a great game but these rules allow bases to become unraidable. Its near impossible to raid a base with 5-10 people with shooting doors and fading doors.

We need to make it easier for raiders to do their role, raid.

My suggestion:

If your base has 1-2 people, 4 fading doors, 3 shooting doors (basically current rules).
If your base has more than 2 people in it, 3 fading doors.
If your base has 4 or more people in it, 3 fading doors, 2 shooting doors (TOP-SIDE or SIDE-SIDE)
If your base has 5 or more people in it, 2 fading doors. 2 shooting doors (TOP-SIDE or SIDE-SIDE)
If your base has 7 or more people in it, 2 fading doors, 1 shooting door (TOP OR SIDE).

I know this is a drastic change to the rules and the specifics can be changed of course. The fact is that with the current guns in the game (such as double barrel) defending a base is simply too easy.

Any feedback is appreciated!

So I've been looking at this post since it was new and I was really thinking about what I would write. It's tough for me to talk about this subject since I really don't base very often or raid.

My two cents is that after reading over a lot of ban appeals that the potential real changes could overcomplicate it for new players and create more issues with failbase. I would rather suggest that any base over a certain amount of players inside becomes no NRL base in which everyone who can raid just throws themselves at it like gunter usually does.

The purpose of this would be to stop those mega bases from forming and keep bases below a certain count unless they are willing to fight half the server.

Your ideas are valid and your points solid, i just worry about players average knowledge of rules already being lacking and that this may cause an increase in failbase. Thank you for posting!

I think this suggestion is too complicated for casual dark-rp players.
I do respect how you think we need to nerf big bases. But the simple solution to those is acquiring a bigger party or raiding with a smarter approach. After all, big bases are created so that they are stronger, I don't think players should be punished with that mindset.

-1 10 people with double barrels is overpowered no matter the base design. you shouldn't penalize people for playing together